Sunday, 9 January 2011

The very last quarter

Here I am. The last quarter of this journey. What a ride it was. I'm going to miss it for sure but I never felt before this urge to start working. It's a passion and I wouldn't know how to live it differently. I know how fortunate I am.
And how fortunate I've been with these many great teachers pushing us students further up the advertising hill. They are as passionate and this energy among us is almost visible and highly contagious.
What I never understood though is why some teachers, very very few, systematic "warn" us about how awfully hard this industry is. Why do you have to tell us continuously how many weekends we're going to lose? Or that every time you stay late at the agency or have a rough client you have to come the next day and ask us if that's what we really want. If I didn't know better I would think you were having second thoughts about your own path and that's not what you want to transmit to your students.
Nobody said there's a work somewhere that's perfect. There will always be downsides in every single industry but the ups are what make us pursuit a specific career.
Don't complain. Instead, fuel our dreams, let us believe we are going to accomplish great things for the ones who dream are the ones who actually accomplish great things.


No comments:

Post a Comment